Friday, February 4, 2011

Today / Weight loss update!

Today I did absolutely nothing but cook!  Earlier I made the easy Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo.  Tonight for dinner I made a roast chicken stuffed with fresh red apples and onion.. around the chicken I roasted Yukon Gold potatoes and more fresh red apples!  YUM!  It was delicious & very tender!
:)  I am having a hard time not baking pies, cakes, cookies etc.  I love to bake but I can't eat those things.  I love, love pie!  I am missing pie!  Isn't that sad?  I love food!  Today is day # 19 of my healthy lifestyle change.   It has not been easy.  I write everything down in my food journal, and this can be quite annoying...  But, I am doing it!  Lots of egg whites, fresh veggies, fresh fruits, chicken breast, fish, salads!  No butter, oil, cheese, meat, sweets, cokes,  & NO FAST FOOD!  I think this is a record.... 19 days without butter..  I need to start a group for people like me, Butter addicts anonymous! :):) LOL
I weighed Monday morning !  I lost 5 lbs.  I went from 204 to 199!  Yeah!!!  Total is 10 lbs!  My scales haven't seen below 200 in a while!!  WOOHOO!  It feels really good!  I am feeling better and I don't feel so irritated and tired!  I have a lot more energy and I am sure my daughter is thankful for Mommy to be a little more energetic!  I am not only doing this for me, but for my family!  They are my life, my loves and I want to be the best I can be for them:)
Thank you all for checking on me and reading my blog!  I love hearing from you all:)  If you have any special requests for recipes, please feel free to email me!
Candy-The PHAT COOK!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your success and motivation! Living without butter, or dairy of any sort (for me), is definitely an adjustment. I am allergic and have had adjust a lot of what I eat to be dairy free. Let me know if you want some recipes to try. I have actually gotten to where I don't miss it nearly as much as I used to...but then again, I sometimes "have to" eat mashed potatoes!:) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete