Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hot Crab Spread

I first made this dip as a newlywed.. I was pregnant and it was Super Bowl Sunday.  I got a craving for a crab dip and went searching.  I got out my cookbook my Grandmother Dorothy had given me for Christmas...  The cookbook is called "First Family Favorites" by First Baptist Church/Women's Ministry Martin, TN.  I found the perfect recipe, made it and took it to the Super Bowl party!  It was a hit!  It was perfect with wheat thins and bagel chips!


Hot Crab Spread submitted by Breanne Oldham
1 pkg imitation crab meat
1 stick margarine, softened
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise  *
1 jar Old English cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
English Muffins

Mix together margarine, mayonnaise, cheese and salt.. Chop crab and stir into mixture.  Top English muffins with mixture.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. *


*I use butter in place of the margarine.  I bring it up to room temperature.

*I spray a medium size baking dish with a non-stick spray, spoon mixture into the dish & spread evenly.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  I serve with assorted crackers.  I am sure it would be excellent on English muffins and then baked.  I have never tried it like this, I am sorry Ms. Oldham. 


No comments:

Post a Comment