Monday, February 14, 2011

Baked Apples with craisins & brown sugar- Low fat!

I had a craving for apple pie with vanilla ice cream last night!  I had to come up with something so I decided to peel and core 6 apples. Cut into thick slices.  I sprayed a small baking dish with butter flavored Pam, added the apples...  sprinkled on 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice, 2 tablespoons Craisins (dried cranberries), 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar (each teaspoon has 15 calories), and 4 teaspoons good orange juice.  I didn't stir it together.. I sprayed the top with Pam butter flavored spray, covered with aluminum foil..
Apples before baking






. Bake at 350 for 30 min, take aluminum foil off after 30 min and turned oven up to 375 degrees for 10 more minutes.  When I took the apples out, I did stir them to make sure they were all evenly coated with the sugar syrup..  The Craisins had plumped up and it smelled wonderful!

First I spooned the apples/ craisins and syrup into a small martini glass, added one scoop of Vanilla Frozen Yogurt.. then topped the frozen yogurt with more apples...


This would be a perfect dessert for you or your Valentine!  It is very romantic looking in a martini glass!!

I used Frozen Vanilla Yogurt.  It has 110 calories and 1 gram of fat.  You can buy Fat Free Ice Cream if you prefer.. It is all about what you like!  I like the taste and consistency of Frozen Yogurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment