Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Louisiana Stranger's Cake (Bread)

 Tonight while thumbing through an old cookbook I notice a recipe taped inside.. That to me is a "sign"  I am thinking to myself, what in the word!  I know this was not in here the last time I used it!  The recipe says "Louisiana Stranger's Cake"  It took me a few minutes to rack my brain and figure out where in the world this came from!!
Christmas 2009 my Mother-in-law won a cake in a raffle in Dresden, TN.. This recipe was taped on the cake and she gave me the recipe.... I have no idea who to give credit where credit is due.... I have the recipe printed, and it says Recipe by : thesweetpea 
 
Louisiana Stranger's Cake (Bread)
1 box Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
1 container coconut pecan frosting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour (I use Baker's Joy spray) a bundt cake pan or a 10 inch loaf pan.  Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, with a wire whisk, until well blended (do not over mix).  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.  Remove to wire rack and cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.  Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment