Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fudge Pie

Fudge Pie before baking and after....  

During football season this year we invited some friends over to watch the big game.. A close friend and his parents were invited.. The Mom brings over this fudge pie!  Wow, it was delicious!  I think this one pie started my adventures in pie baking!  I single handedly took down the whole pie...
I have begged and begged  her son for this recipe.... with no help:( Boo hoo...  I have thought about writing this nice lady a note begging for her recipe.. LOL
This one pie really started it all....  I searched for a fudge pie recipe.. Called my Mom once again and she gave me a recipe for a crust less fudge pie..
Her recipe:
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
pinch of salt
Bake at 350 for 30-45 min.
I took this recipe and tweaked it....
I add 1/4 cup flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
and I pour into a pie crust!

  I have to say this is one of my fav. pies!  I made one two nights ago and it was gone this morning.  As I type the one I baked this afternoon is cooling on the counter! 


2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why people don't want to share their recipes!!!! Thanks Candy for sharing yours!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I see her I am going to ask her for it!

    ReplyDelete