Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas sugar cookies!

During Christmas week back home... I visited with my Mother.  I taught her how to use her KitchenAid mixture to make my sugar cookie recipe..
This was her first time to use the mixer or make these yummy cookies.... I can't remember the last time we actually cooked in the kitchen together, so this was a treat.
We decided to make a cookie for each family member.. We laughed and giggled and had fun.. I had more fun teasing my Mom about her cookie decorating.. LOL  She finally got the hang of it and made some awesome Christmas trees!  leave the writing to me, Mom!!

I decorated this darling Mrs. Claus cookie... but while writing "Candy" on the cookie I dropped the darn thing on the floor.... :( SO sad.. RIP
The sugar cookie recipe:
1/2 cup Veg shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Cream shortening and sugar, add remaining ingredients and mix...

I chill the dough for at least an hr before rolling out to cut shapes.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet, bake @ 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes.  Keep an eye on these!

The icing :
1/2 cup veg shortening
4 cups confectioners sugar
4-5 tablespoons milk



No comments:

Post a Comment