Monday, February 22, 2010

Venison Roast in the crockpot

Roast in the crockpot smells so wonderful!  My whole house smells like I am "HOME"!! 
My Dad hunts, and brought me several Venison roasts, ground Venison, and Venison tenderlion the last time he visited.  I decided I would put the roast in the crockpot this morning..  Just wanted to share...
I like venison, and most people that have tried it (prepared correctly) enjoy it!  If you season it correctly and cook it gently it can taste wonderful!
I can remember making Venison meatloaf, spaghetti, chili, and it actually tasted much better than using ground beef...

First, the roast had to be thawed in the fridge overnight... 
In crockpot cover the bottom with one large onion chopped, doesn't really matter how exactly:)
rinse roast and place over onions..  You can sear your roast in a very hot pan, if you want to... I do this only when I remember to do so... Not this morning....
On top of roast add one can cream of mushroom soup, one can cream of chicken, sprinkle Greek seasoning... add 1/2 cup water around the sides of roast.. Cover with lid, cook on low all day.... 
This is great for people that work, and need an easy dinner.. You can literally throw this in the crockpot, go to work.. come home, cut up potatoes & carrots add in until all are tender.
Growing up my grandmothers/ mother always added the potatoes & carrots @ the beginning..  I add them about 2-3 hours before we are going to enjoy the roast... that way the veggies aren't MUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment