Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweet Tea

Ok, just have to talk about sweet tea... I may have to research this subject.... But I think I make pretty great sweet tea!  I haven't always made great tea, but recently have came into my own.. so to speak with tea making LOL
My  Great~Grandmother always .. and I mean ALWAYS had sweet tea at every meal.  She made the sweetest, darkest tea I have ever had..  It looked like the color of mahogany furniture!  I remember even seeing sugar at the bottom of the tea pitcher.. Yes, it was that sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But there is nothing like that..
Everyone loves that gigantic tea you get at that specialty sandwich shop... It is great.... But my tea is better:)
If you don't believe me.... Try this...................

Start with small pot and lid, I use Paula Deen small pot & lid.... fill water about 3/4, bring to a boil... Place two large tea bags in, take off heat and place lid on immediately.  Set your timer, yes your timer.. for 10 min.  When that timer goes off, RUN to the tea pot......  In a large pitcher, whatever you have.... put one cup sugar, and pour hot tea on top without letting the bags fall into the pitcher, fill the pot with bags with cold water, then pour into pitcher.... stir.... then add water.................. Oh my , call your mama.... your grandmama.... and slap her thru the phone......................... add some lemon, slap yo self:) Girl there is nothing better than SWEET SWEET TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment