Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fruit Crisp

This is for my cousin, who like me has a dislike for lattice crust making.. he he

I started making this after my husband and I were married...  I am not sure why/ how.. maybe I was pregnant and was craving sweet fruit & pie...
I had some fresh apples, I peeled and cored... I mixed them with a little sugar (maybe a teaspoon) , maybe a tablespoon of orange juice, a little apple pie spice or cinnamon.. Whatever I had on hand.. I poured this into a sprayed dish...  Then for the topping I took one stick of cool butter, cut it into small cubes..  In a bowl, add about 1 cup flour, the butter cubes, a little cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.. With my hands, I just cut the butter into the flour making a crumble.. at least that is what I call it...  I do this until it is well mixed, until it looks like lumpy corn meal...  Pour or use your hands to sprinkle this mixture over your fruit.. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 min.  Must be served with vanilla ice cream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment