Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beef Empanadas

My first attempt at Beef Empanadas..
I honestly didn't have a recipe... I made a roast in the crock pot and had the leftover beef.... I thought about using it in a pastry... and this is what I came up with!
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
2 sleeves Pie crust
maybe a cup beef roast shredded
2-3 tablespoons good BBQ sauce
mix beef & BBQ sauce.. set aside...
using a large circle cookie cutter (I use a martini glass).... cut 4 circles out of each pie crust..
Spoon a little bit of the filling, careful not to overfill..
Dab water on the edges of the pie crust, roll over and either pinch the edges with your fingers or a fork..
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min... I would keep you eye on these baking... If your oven is HOT I would start out at 375!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment