Saturday, January 23, 2010

Broccoli Salad

My new favorite thing to munch on is :Broccoli Salad..  My grandmother always made a salad with lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon, cheese, frozen green peas... with a sweet dressing...  mayo & sugar..  This was always a favorite salad of mine when I was younger.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a broccoli salad mix from Costco.. and it was delicious..  broccoli , broccoli slaw, bacon, craisins, sunflower nuts and I think pine nuts.. It came with dressing that was pretty tasty, but I will just make my own dressing next time.. I have just been craving this salad.. now I have been buying broccoli just so I can make the sweet dressing and eat on herb salads.. 
I think there are several variations on broccoli salad.. I have had a broccoli salad with raisins.. I don't like the raisins/ broccoli salad at all...
If you have never tried this broccoli salad I am talking about please try it....
The dressing is :
1 cup Hellman's mayo
1/2 sugar
3 pinches salt, 3 pinch pepper (btw, I don't measure anything) LOL
You can google broccoli salad and get a gazillion different recipes...

1 comment:

  1. My mom made a dressing similar to this, but she mixed sugar and vinegar til blended and then she added the mayonaisse. It would be a little zingier than the one you have. But it is the one I always use when making cole slaw. try it:)

    ReplyDelete