Friday, January 29, 2010

Hawaiian Bread sandwiches

My sister Hope started making these little sandwiches with Hawaiian bread, roast beef, cheese & butter with garlic salt on top..  They are so yummy..  Hope cooks but she doesn't cook from scratch I guess I should say..  I love my sister and I don't want to discredit her cooking skills by any means..  She can cook, and has really come into her own in the kitchen here lately!  I am proud of her for trying new recipes.  She calls me and tells me about what she has been cooking..  Anyway, she started making these little sandwiches years ago..  I decided to make them with ham/ gouda cheese, turkey and cheddar a while back... Delicious!!  I have also made these with melted butter/ garlic salt/ mustard/ poppyseeds..  I think one of my friends from Martin makes them with the butter & mustard.. Really great, either way... Well yesterday I made these cute little sanwiches for my Kiwanis folks..  I melted butter with dijon honey mustard.  I am not sure what the melted butter does to these Hawaiian rolls when they bake, but wow it is gooey butter goodness..
If you haven't tried these, please do...  Sometimes they are hard to find, check Wal-Mart bakery section.  Kroger always carries these!!

2 comments:

  1. we love Hawaiian bread-we use it mainly for dipping breadbowls. What a great idea to make little sandwiches...hmmm, guess what's for lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    I use the Hawaiian bread squares.. They come in a large square package, or you can buy a smaller package that I think has two bread squares.... Don't forget the melted butter and garlic salt on top... Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. I have also made small cheeseburgers, and made these sandwiches:)

    ReplyDelete