Monday, September 27, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake-Cake

This recipe comes from my Mother... Mother would make a box yellow cake, poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon, pour a whole can of Eagle Brand milk on top of the cake, then crushed pineapple & whipped topping.  This would go in the frig overnight..
After I was married, I wanted to make a cake for my husband and remembered this special cake!
I always loved this cake and one night decided I would try this with strawberries... It turned out wonderful!  We invited our neighbors over for dinner that night & they loved it so much!  Our neighbors are now my daughter's Godparents and this cake is always a request.  I made this cake this past weekend for her God~Mother's birthday party!  Her husband said she doesn't like cake, but loves the Strawberry Shortcake Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment